Bracelet made for a friend, using the same design as the fire one posted below but with those pretty silver and blue round beads instead of bicones, and 8/0 seed beads. The clasp is the same.
Differences this time around: this took me maybe 2 hours to knock out as opposed to all day like the other. I think it was a combination of being more comfortable with the stitch, the bigger accent beads, and the fact that I didn’t go somewhere in the middle of my project. I conditioned the thread this time around (see previous post) and only had to stop and detangle one knot in the entire three yards of thread.
Also, I had a bit of a snafu with the clasp: one of the rings holding the clasp to the bracelet wasn’t quite closed, and it fell off and got lost in the abyss. I had to mutilate an innocent bystander clasp for the right size ring or take this entire bracelet apart.
My mom generously agreed to be my hand model for the picture. (it’s so awkward to find a good angle to take a picture of my own wrist)
My mom brought me these sterling silver fleurs-de-lis so I would have something to do while I was recovering, and as I am a Saints fan, I made a Saints bracelet.
Right angle weave, 4mm Swarovski bicones in jet and topaz. I neglected to take a picture of the clasp, but it is a standard (but small) toggle attached with 11/0 seed beads.
Decided to do the playing card bracelet on the loom. It’s my first time using it.
I wrote my own pattern for this, because for whatever reason I forgot that I didn’t have to keep the suits. It took approximately an hour and a half and isn’t quite as easy as I thought it would be.
The loom, on the other hand, was a lot easier than I thought… after a few false starts. The first row was nearly impossible, but after that it got consecutively easier.